Download E-books Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS): (CCNA Security exam 640-553) (Authorized Self-Study Guide) PDF
By Catherine Paquet
Implementing Cisco IOS community protection (IINS) is a Cisco-authorized, self-paced studying device for CCNA® defense beginning studying. This e-book offers you the data had to safe Cisco® routers and switches and their linked networks. by way of analyzing this publication, you are going to achieve an intensive knowing of the way to troubleshoot and computer screen community units to take care of integrity, confidentiality, and availability of knowledge and units, in addition to the applied sciences that Cisco makes use of in its safeguard infrastructure.
This e-book makes a speciality of the need of a finished safeguard coverage and the way it impacts the posture of the community. you are going to how one can practice uncomplicated projects to safe a small department style workplace community utilizing Cisco IOS® safety features to be had in the course of the Cisco Router and safety equipment supervisor (SDM) web-based graphical person interface (GUI) and during the command-line interface (CLI) on Cisco routers and switches. the writer additionally offers, whilst applicable, parallels with Cisco ASA appliances.
Whether you're getting ready for CCNA defense certification or just are looking to achieve a greater figuring out of Cisco IOS safety basics, you'll enjoy the info supplied during this book.
Implementing Cisco IOS community safeguard (IINS) is a part of a instructed studying direction from Cisco that incorporates simulation and hands-on education from licensed Cisco studying companions and self-study items from Cisco Press. to determine extra approximately instructor-led education, e-learning, and hands-on guideline provided through approved Cisco studying companions all over the world, please stopover at www.cisco.com/go/authorizedtraining.
- Develop a accomplished community defense coverage to counter threats opposed to info defense
- Configure routers at the community perimeter with Cisco IOS software program security measures
- Configure firewall good points together with ACLs and Cisco IOS zone-based coverage firewalls to accomplish easy safeguard operations on a community
- Configure site-to-site VPNs utilizing Cisco IOS positive factors
- Configure IPS on Cisco community routers
- Configure LAN units to regulate entry, withstand assaults, guard different community units and platforms, and safeguard the integrity and confidentiality of community traffic
This quantity is within the Certification Self-Study sequence provided through Cisco Press®. Books during this sequence offer formally built self-study recommendations to assist networking execs comprehend know-how implementations and get ready for the Cisco profession Certifications examinations.